"Now that the days are longer and temperatures are beginning to rise, this is the perfect opportunity to pack up the family and head outdoors! But like any parent, we want to make sure that our children are protected from the damaging rays of the sun. Luckily, we can all rely on Coppertone® broad spectrum sunscreens to help protect our families and allow for a relaxing time outdoors."
Sun Care Tips: Smart Sunscreen Use
- Get a head start on the sun.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don't skimp on sunscreen.
- Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as directed.
- Cover all the bases.
- It's easy to overlook spots like the ears, neck, and shoulders, but they need sunscreen too. Remember to grab a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and to seek shade when the sun is most intense.
- Follow the numbers.
- SPF tells you the level of protection a sunscreen provides from sunburn. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher whenever you'll be outdoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply.
- Apply another coat of sunscreen as needed, at least every 2 hours- and be sure to reapply after swimming, sweating, vigorous activity or toweling off.
- Select water resistant sunscreens that can keep up with kids.
- Use water resistant sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher, and look for products that are quick and easy to apply to squirmy kids. (Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.)
For more sun care tips, please visit Coppertone.com.
We love Coppertone's Water Babies sunscreen! Living so close to the bay, we wear sunscreen everyday...you never know when the kiddos might get the itch to hit the beach! Water Babies is one of our favorite sunscreens because it is gentle on our kid's sensitive skin and it is reliable. When we wear Water Babies sunscreen as directed, we never burn! If you are going to spend some time in the summer sun, we highly recommend Coppertone products, especially Water Babies if you have little ones:)
Disclosure: "As a member of the Coppertone® Water MOMS group, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience."