Monday, July 16, 2012
Almond Breeze Review and Giveaway...
About Blue Diamond®
"No one knows almonds as well as Blue Diamond does and no one knows how to grow them better than the 3,000 California almond growers who make up the Blue Diamond Growers cooperative. They’re The Almond People™, after all, and almonds have been their only business for over 100 years. Many of their growers have been co-op members for generations, so there’s a lot of family pride in each carton of Almond Breeze®.
Just the facts
• Almond Breeze is a nondairy milk alternative that is calcium-enriched and free of dairy, lactose, gluten, and soy. It is a great alternative for those with lactose intolerance or dairy allergies.
• Varieties of Almond Breeze beverages are packaged in shelf-stable Tetra Pak cartons and do not need to be refrigerated until opened. Shelf stable Almond Breeze is ultra pasteurized (a high temperature heat treatment) that ensures food is free from harmful bacteria and packaged in sealed sterile cartons with special barrier layers that keep out light, moisture and air. This special packaging protects the product quality and nutrients while locking in all the goodness of the product (learn more about Tetra Pak below).
• Almond Breeze is available in Original, Chocolate, and Vanilla flavors as well as unsweetened varieties.
®, SM, © 2011 May Media Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Find Almond Breeze online at www.almondbreeze.com and
Tetra Pak: Protecting what’s good
Products in Tetra Pak cartons do not need to be refrigerated until ready to be used. Product quality and nutrients are preserved thanks to ultra pasteurization (a heat treatment that ensures food is free from harmful bacteria) in combination with the packaging’s special barrier layers that lock out light, moisture and air and lock in all the goodness of the product.
Tetra Pak and the environment
• Tetra Pak cartons do more than protect taste and nutritional content. Made mainly from a renewable resource that is responsibly replenished, they help preserve Earth’s resources for future generations.
• Lightweight and compact, Tetra Pak cartons have a low carbon footprint because they are energy efficient through manufacturing, shipping, distribution, use, and end of life.
• On average, 70% of the carton is made of wood fibers from trees that are carefully chosen, selectively harvested, and
responsibly replenished to help create the forest sink, which helps to keep our climate in balance and to preserve biodiversity.
• You can conveniently recycle Tetra Pak cartons at home. Once recycled, Tetra Pak cartons become things like tissue products, building materials, railway ties, and even flower pots. For more information on carton recycling, visit recyclecartons.com.
Learn more at tetrapakusa.com
What we thought: Prior to sampling Almond Breeze, we had never tried other almond milks. We are big fans of Blue Diamond products though so we were excited to try something new. If you are a fan of almonds and are looking for a non-dairy milk, you should try Almond Breeze. It has a smooth, nutty flavor that is really yummy. We used ours in place of milk over cereal and it was great! Even the kiddos enjoyed trying this new product:) ABCD Diaries gives Almond Breeze an A!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of
the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it
directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed
to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do
not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the
manufacturer of the product.